Monday, October 5, 2009

Week One with Suzi Blu


Wow, WHAT A WEEK!!! I'm in heaven-on-earth!!! First, I began an online workshop with Suzi Blu, drawing "Petit Dolls" that I will eventually attach to a board that I will collage with papers, paint, ink, glitter, stamps and whatever else I desire! If you don't know Suzi, you need to look her up. www.suziblu.typepad.com/a_lovely_dream, or search for her on Google; she's awesome and very inspiring. More about that in a minute.

But, first, I SOLD my first canvas yesterday ~~ woo hoo!!! It's the one I posted several posts earlier that has the Eye, Heart, Compass, etc. on it, that I called "Faith, Hope and Love." What an exciting thing; someone appreciated something I made, and in my humble opinion, it wasn't that great! I AM an Artist, after all!!!

Okay, back to what I've been doing for the past week; well, actually, today I'm beginning my third day of it, lol. Here's two pics of some of the results.


Crap, I just blogged about this on Suzi's site, but it won't let me cut and paste my words here. Oh well, just know that I am having the time of my life drawing these dollies, and looking forward to building my collage background where I will eventually paint one of these dollies! My purpose for taking this class, originally, was to learn to make my own art to use with more soldered charms. However, now, who knows where this will lead me! Most importantly, I'm TOTALLY enjoying the process and journey! I feel like shouting, "woo hoo!" This is AWESOME! I feel like I'm on the path towards living my dream of being an artist, and I'm so excited about it. Admittedly, my DH isn't too inspired about it; he's a worrier and skeptic of anything risky when it comes to potential income. But, me, I'm taking the risk, if only part-time, (while keeping my "day job") and will not give up! My heart yearns to be an artist, and I will not give into anything less! Okay, I may not be "the best" artist in the end, but I WILL be "an Artist" . . . of some sort! That is my passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment