Monday, May 17, 2010

Out to Pasture


My DH and I attended a graduation picnic yesterday at a local park.  This big fella was in a pasture next to our picnic shelter.  He had two "friends" in the pasture with him, but this big guy grabbed my heart when he left his feeding post to approach the fence where I was standing, and stuck his head out, as if to say, "it's okay; you can pet me."  He was very patient with me, letting me take several pics of him.  I wanted to share more with him, so I reached down and picked some grass that I hand-fed him.  What a gift; he shared his beautiful self with me, if only for a few moments.


This was one of his buddies, in the pasture with him, whom appeared to have no interest in me...until he saw me feeding his buddy.  What beautiful animals, whom appear to have made the perfect life...out to pasture.

Our friend brought a few games to entertain the "kids" after dinner.  This was the coolest of them.  I'm not sure of its name, but its a game his grandfather built many years ago (if my memory serves me correctly).  You wind a string around a top and then pull the string to let the top go to spinning inside the box, with the point being for it to wind its way through doorways and knock down as many "bowling pin"-type pieces as possible.  It was a very nostalgic piece, to say the least.

It was a fun day, where I saw many folks I hadn't seen in several years, and received a great reminder that life flies by so quickly if we don't grab hold of it and make the best of each moment within our pasture, ;).

So, today, I will grab the pieces of life, toss them out there and see if I score!  Wishing each of you a great score today and always.

1 comment: