Friday, October 22, 2010

Completed Birdhouse Chair

It's done ~~ the zebra lives!  One thing I learned; detail painting at the height of chair arms can be uncomfortable on your back.  If there's a "next time," I hope to have a platform of some kind to raise the chair's height a bit.

To me, the chair has a "Caribbean," and somewhat "whimsical" feel; something that truly doesn't coordinate with the shop's style.  Perhaps it will appeal to someone, besides me.  I sure had fun painting it and, if nothing else, perhaps it will attract someone new into the shop ... or I can daydream of being in the Caribbean while viewing it, ;).

Wishing each of you a beautifully peaceful weekend filled with lovely moments with friends and family!

3 comments:

  1. Great fun chairs, they are attention getters and I like them a lot. I do also know the position your talkig about that gets the back.
    I am doing garden edging with a shovel and I get this same uncomfortable feeling when I gather the sod. Wishing you a lot of customers and good sales.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I certainly love it, and I think it's great to have in front of your shop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! I love the colors :)

    ReplyDelete